The Georgia State University Student Trial Lawyers Association (STLA) gets students out of the classroom and into the courtroom. With the help of professional attorneys, students get to take part in national competitions. The program allows members to use what they learn in their courses. Many Georgia State Law graduates who take part in the STLA become litigators and district attorneys.
- Practical Experience: Meet classmates and law students across the country while applying academic concepts in a trial setting.
- Professional Connections: Our Atlanta location grants us access to legal professionals who serve as coaches and mentors for competitions.
- Fun: STLA is challenging, exciting and allows students to put their skills to use.
Each year, STLA awards $500 to the top advanced evidence students in memory of GSU alumna and former STLA member Naiyareh Karimimanesh. Nai earned her B.A. in History from Emory University in 2001 and earned her Juris Doctorate from Georgia State University in 2005. While pursuing her law degree, Nai received Honor’s Designation in Litigation. She was a finalist in the Lonestar Classic Mock Trial Tournament in Texas.
The Student Trial Lawyers Association has a strong record of success in national intercollegiate competitions that includes 11 national championships, 15 regional championships and placing in seven national finals.
Are you ready to become the best attorney you can be? Email email@example.com to learn more about joining the team. Tryouts for STLA are held every spring semester. Keep an eye out for information meetings.
To be eligible for STLA membership you must:
- Be a rising 2L or rising 3L GSU Law Student (3L/4L Part-time students are welcome)
- Have AT LEAST a 2.3 GPA
- Have sufficient time for practice and competition
We're committed to helping you succeed to Georgia State College of Law. Explore all the resources available here to learn more about us.