Wear Your Regalia & Return Your Regalia
Rental or Purchase Regalia Options
Doctoral candidates can either rent or purchase the fine quality, custom doctoral regalia designed for Georgia State grads.
Rental Option – If you plan to rent your fine quality regalia, make sure you select the
“CAP AND GOWN (NCLUDES RENTALS FOR DOCTORS)” icon from the top row on the website landing page.
- Students who elect to have their regalia shipped to their home, can expect it in 2-3 weeks from the time of order.
Purchase Option – (STUDENT MUST ORDER NO LATER THAN MARCH 15TH) – Doctoral students who wish to purchase their fine quality Georgia State University regalia may order online by selecting the
“PURCHASE DOCTORAL REGALIA…” icon from the bottom row on the website landing page.
Video Streaming Links
- Virtual Commencement: December 16, 2022
- Virtual Commencement: May 13, 2022
- Virtual Commencement: December 17, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: August 13, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 22, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 21, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 17, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 16, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 15, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 14, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 13, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: December 19, 2020
- Virtual Commencement: December 18, 2020
- Virtual Commencement: November 7, 2020
- Virtual Commencement: October 24, 2020
Cost: $10 (cash or card)
Return Your Regalia
66 COURTLAND ST SE
GEORGIA STATE BOOK STORE
ATLANTA, GA US 30303-3021
Return: For regalia that has been mailed to your home, please use the return shipping label. Those that have picked up regalia can return it to the Georgia State University Stadium Bookstore after the ceremony. You can also return your regalia to the Georgia State University Atlanta Bookstore.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide to renting your regalia
- February 21, 2022
Regalia Early order deadline
Order your cap and gown online by February 21st if you wish to pick up your regalia at the Commencement Fair.
GSU Commencement Fair: March 29-30th from 10 AM –6 PM
Veteran’s Memorial Hall -Dahlberg Hall
- March 31, 2022
FINAL Regalia order deadline
Regalia orders placed by March 31st will be delivered to the bookstore on or before April 27th for on-campus distribution.
- Returning your Regalia: Graduates can return their regalia by either bringing it to the bookstore or by dropping it off in the designated box at the College of Law located near the exit as they leave their ceremony. The regalia must be in the packaging the graduate received it in prior to dropping it into the return box.
- Contribute to the class gift to be recognized in the official Hooding Ceremony printed program, annual fund report, and campaign plaque.
Georgia State Law is required to report statistics of graduates to the American Bar Association (ABA) and National Association for Law Placement (NALP). These statistics are also used to calculate ranking scores with the U.S. News & World Report and other entities. The Georgia State University College of Law’s national reputation relies on accurate and complete reporting.
All student information is reported anonymously and kept strictly confidential.
All survey fields must be completed by graduates (including salary), even if employment is outside the legal field or not yet obtained. The ABA implements secure protocols to ensure data accuracy and considers Symplicity survey entries to be the most authentic source of information.
The Center for Professional Development & Career Strategies Office will verify survey completion and and inform graduates when they can pick up their invitations.
- April 15th: Deadline to Submit Pro-Bono & Public Service hours to be recognized in the Hooding Ceremony printed program. View Pro-Bono & Public Service Recognition requirements.
- April 15th: Deadline to give to the class gift and be recognized in the official Hooding Ceremony printed program, annual fund report, and campaign plaque.
Spring Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 13, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
Center Parc Credit Union Stadium
- Check ceremony regalia to ensure all elements are included (Cap, gown, and hood).
- Share graduation photos on Twitter & Instagram with #GSULawGrad
Tickets are not required for admission and there are no reserved seats.
Security Precautions: The Sports Arena will have their usual security protocols in place. All bags will be searched and strollers, wrapped gifts or balloons will not be allowed
Report in your academic regalia to the 1st Floor Student Center East Ballroom, on the corner of Gilmer and Piedmont streets.
Marilyn Crouch, College of Law registrar, will meet you and point out your position in the processional. After receiving these instructions, you will proceed to the Sports Arena for the official processional.
Reception at College of Law
- Food and beverages will be on the Main and Lower Level
- There will be College of Law logo screens (“step & Repeat”) to take pictures in front located in the Lower Level Courtroom
- Please feel free to eat and sit down in any of the rooms in the building, including the Court Room (Lower Level). Every room in the building will be open, so please feel free to sit and enjoy with family and friends.
Parking is available for free in the T-Deck, with a paid receipt from deck N, K, or S. The T parking deck is located at 43 Auburn Ave., Atlanta GA 30303.
- If you ordered regalia in the Spring, it is ready for pick up in the bookstore.
- If you requested a refund, your regalia is still available, however you need to coordinate payment prior to pick up.
- If you did not order regalia in the spring and want to participate in the hooding, you need to contact the bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 9th, and provide your name and height.
We’re committed to helping you succeed to Georgia State College of Law. Explore all the resources available here to learn more about us.