- December 2023 graduates are invited to participate in the Georgia State Law Commencement and Hooding Ceremony on Friday, December 15, 2023, at 10 a.m. at the Georgia State University College of Law.
- A live stream link will be available soon.
Wear Your Regalia & Return Your Regalia
Rental or Purchase Regalia Options
Doctoral candidates can either rent or purchase the fine quality, custom doctoral regalia designed for Georgia State grads.
Rental Option - If you plan to rent your fine quality regalia, make sure you select the
“Cap and Gown (Includes Doctoral Rentals)” icon from the top row on the website landing page.
Orders placed through November 17 will be shipped to you. There is a $18.10 shipping fee. This includes a return address label for the rental return.
Order your cap and gown early for pictures. Home delivery orders will ship as they are received. Later orders (closer to commencement date) may take longer for delivery, but all orders will ship for arrival prior to commencement.
The final deadline for online cap and gown orders is November 17.
Purchase Option – (Students must submit orders no later than October 17)
Video Streaming Links
- Virtual Commencement: May 12, 2023
- Virtual Commencement: December 16, 2022
- Virtual Commencement: May 13, 2022
- Virtual Commencement: December 17, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: August 13, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 22, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 21, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 17, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 16, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 15, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 14, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: May 13, 2021
- Virtual Commencement: December 19, 2020
- Virtual Commencement: December 18, 2020
- Virtual Commencement: November 7, 2020
- Virtual Commencement: October 24, 2020
Return Your Regalia
66 Courtland St SE
Georgia State Book Store
Atlanta, GA US 30303-3021
Return: For regalia that has been mailed to your home, please use the return shipping label. You can also return your regalia to the Georgia State University Atlanta Bookstore.
- Purchase or Rent regalia for hooding ceremony
- February 21, 2023
Regalia Early order deadline
Order your cap and gown online by February 21 if you wish to pick up your regalia at the Commencement Fair.
GSU Commencement Fair: March 21-22 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Veteran's Memorial Hall in Dahlberg Hall
- Contribute to the class gift to be recognized in the official Hooding Ceremony printed program, annual fund report, and campaign plaque.
- March 27, 2023
FINAL Regalia order deadline
Georgia State Law is required to report statistics of graduates to the American Bar Association (ABA) and the National Association for Law Placement (NALP). These statistics are also used to calculate ranking scores with the U.S. News & World Report and other entities. The Georgia State University College of Law's national reputation relies on accurate and complete reporting.
All student information is reported anonymously and kept strictly confidential.
All survey fields must be completed by graduates (including salary), even if employment is outside the legal field or not yet obtained. The ABA implements secure protocols to ensure data accuracy and considers the mandatory graduate employment survey entries to be the most authentic source of information.
The Center for Professional Development & Career Strategies Office will verify survey completion and inform graduates when they can pick up their invitations.
- April 1: Deadline to Submit Pro-Bono & Public Service hours to be recognized in the Hooding Ceremony printed program. View Pro-Bono & Public Service Recognition requirements.
- April 1: Deadline to give to the class gift and be recognized in the official Hooding Ceremony printed program, annual fund report, and campaign plaque.
2023 Spring Hooding & Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 12, 2023, at 10 a.m.
Georgia State University Convocation Center
We're committed to helping you succeed to Georgia State College of Law. Explore all the resources available here to learn more about us.