Graduates from Summer 2019, Fall 2019, May 2020, and August 2020 are invited to participate in the 2020 Spring Commencement.
Friday, May 15, 2020
Georgia State University Sports Arena
125 Decatur St.,
Atlanta GA 30303
The ceremony will be live streamed. (more information coming soon)
- Deadline to Purchase or Rent regalia for hooding ceremony by February 21st if you wish to pick up your regalia at the Commencement Fair.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide to renting your regalia
- Orders PLACED AFTER February 21st can be picked up at the University Bookstore beginning April 27th.
- The final deadline for on-line cap and gown orders is March 31st at 11:59 p.m.
- Contribute to the class gift to be recognized in the official Hooding Ceremony printed program, annual fund report, and campaign plaque.
Georgia State Law is required to report statistics of graduates to the American Bar Association (ABA) and National Association for Law Placement (NALP). These statistics are also used to calculate ranking scores with the U.S. News & World Report and other entities. The Georgia State University College of Law’s national reputation relies on accurate and complete reporting.
All student information is reported anonymously and kept strictly confidential.
All survey fields must be completed by graduates (including salary), even if employment is outside the legal field or not yet obtained. The ABA implements secure protocols to ensure data accuracy and considers Symplicity survey entries to be the most authentic source of information.
The Center for Professional Development & Career Strategies Office will verify survey completion and and inform graduates when they can pick up their invitations.
- Deadline to Submit Pro-Bono & Public Service hours to be recognized in the Hooding Ceremony printed program. View Pro-Bono & Public Service Recognition requirements.
- Deadline to give to the class gift and be recognized in the official Hooding Ceremony printed program, annual fund report, and campaign plaque.
- The College of Law building is closed to outside guests, including photographers, during Spring Finals. Please plan accordingly.
- Check ceremony regalia to ensure all elements are included (tam, gown and hood).
- Security Precautions: The Sports Arena will have their usual security protocols in place. All bags will be searched and strollers, wrapped gifts or balloons will not be allowed.
- Share graduation photos on Twitter & Instagram with #GSULawGrad
Tickets are not required for admission and there are no reserved seats.
Security Precautions: The Sports Arena will have their usual security protocols in place. All bags will be searched and strollers, wrapped gifts or balloons will not be allowed
Report in your academic regalia to the 1st Floor Student Center East Ballroom, on the corner of Gilmer and Piedmont streets.
Marilyn Crouch, College of Law registrar, will meet you and point out your position in the processional. After receiving these instructions, you will proceed to the Sports Arena for the official processional.
Reception at College of Law
Parking is available for free in the T-Deck, with a paid receipt from deck N, K, or S. The T parking deck is located at 43 Auburn Ave., Atlanta GA 30303.
- Food and beverages will be on the Main and Lower Level
- There will be College of Law logo screens (“step & Repeat”) to take pictures in front located in the Lower Level Courtroom
- Please feel free to eat and sit down in any of the rooms in the building, including the Court Room (Lower Level). Every room in the building will be open, so please feel free to sit and enjoy with family and friends.
We’re committed to helping you succeed to Georgia State College of Law. Explore all the resources available here to learn more about us.