B. Eng. (Elec), U. of Southern Queensland (Australia)
M.B.A., Arizona State University
M.S. (Computer Information Systems), Boston U.
Ph.D., (Computer Engineering), North Carolina State U.
J.D., Georgia State U.
Dr. Steven A. Wright is strategic and creative leader with excellent organizational abilities, who uses program and product management skills in order to support the creation of new ecosystems to provide value to internal technical and commercial clients as well as the industry as a whole. With successful international experience at negotiating technology agreements that enable new ecosystems, he is a passionate and committed team player with a strong focus on mentoring, teaching and research and development in the information technology industry. With over 50 patents awarded and multiple journal publications, he is a worldwide-recognized professional and has been invited to share his knowledge in several international keynote presentations, forums, and conferences.
His blog contains occasional musings on business, technology and legal issues related to the commercialization of technology research (including some on blockchain related topics). His recent peer-reviewed published work on blockchain includes:
- “Tech. & Legal Challenges for Healthcare Blockchains & Smart Contracts”, ITU Kaleidoscope academic conference on ICT for Health: Networks, Standards and Innovation (2019).
- “Privacy in IoT Blockchains: with Big Data comes Big Responsibility”, IEEE International Workshop on IoT, Big Data and Blockchain (2019).
- “ClickThru Terms of Service: Blockchain smart contracts to improve consumer engagement?” IEEE Int’l Symp. On Technology and Society. (2020)
- “AI in the Law: Towards Assessing Ethical Risks”, Proc. Fourth Annual Workshop on Applications of Artificial Intelligence in the Legal Industry, held in conjunction with IEEE Big Data (2020)
- "Measuring DAO Autonomy: Lessons from other Autonomous Systems" IEEE Transactions on Technology and Society (2021)