The Student Health Law Association is an organization for law students interested in health-related legal disciplines. The following students were elected as officers of SHLA for 2021-2022:
- Zari Shah (J.D. ’22), 3L President
- Morgan Cronin (J.D./M.S.H.A. ’23), 2L President
- DeChino Duke (J.D. ‘23), VP of Programming
- Jennifer Stroble (J.D./M.S.H.A. ’23), VP of Programming
- Chris Garten (J.D./M.S.H.A. ’23), VP of Community Outreach
- Saskia Olczak (J.D./M.S.H.A. ’22), VP of Membership
- Nolan Hendricks (J.D. ’22), VP of Student Outreach
- Grace Parker (J.D. ’23), Treasurer
- Jessi Bartholomew (J.D. ’23), Secretary
Special thanks to the past SHLA board for an incredible year, despite the many challenges presented by COVID-19! In addition to Bioethics at the Movies, SHLA virtually sponsored events on domestic violence and health equity, attended competitions and hosted a career panel. They also launched a new health law peer mentoring program.
The new SHLA board has some exciting events planned for this year! The Lunch with a Professor program continues, as well as the peer mentoring program. They are participating in several service projects including the St. Judes Walk/Run, the Autism Speaks Walk, and a BBQ competition for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
Georgia State Law students interested in membership in SHLA should email email@example.com for more information.