Existing Faculty and Staff
HR Information for Faculty and Staff Employees
Regular & Visiting Faculty
Regular and visiting faculty of the College of Law are contract-based employees who are governed in accordance with the University's policies and procedures regarding faculty appointments. Human Resources information regarding these employees is covered in detail by the Georgia State University Faculty Handbook.
Personnel employed for a continuous period expected to exceed one semester, or six calendar months are "regular" employees. The University's Classification and Compensation Department is responsible for determining if a position is classified as exempt or non-exempt in compliance with Federal law.
- Full-Time: Full-time employment consists of a regular schedule of 40 hours per week and is generally eligible for all University benefits.
- Part-Time: Part-time employment consists of a regular schedule of less than 40 hours per week. Employees regularly scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week may be eligible for participation in most benefit programs. Regular part-time employees who work less than 40 hours per week are not eligible for benefits.
- Limited Term: Limited Term or fixed-duration employment is more than six months’ duration but with a date of termination specified at the time of hire (not to exceed three years). Limited Term appointments may be governed by specific terms and conditions of employment established at the time of hire and approved by the University's Human Resources department. Unless eligibility for benefits is modified by the specific terms of the appointment, Limited Term employees scheduled to work more than 30 hours per week are eligible for participation in most employee benefit programs.
- Employment with a Sponsored Project: If a position at Georgia State University is funded by a grant or a project, it is subject to the availability of funds. In the event that the grant or project funds are exhausted or reduced, or the grant or project is completed or canceled, this employment may terminate without the right of employee appeal. An employee working in a position funded by a grant or project should take accrued vacation during the term of the project since funds may not be available to pay for accumulated vacation after the grant or project ends.
- Seasonal Employees
- Consultant/Independent Contractors
- Fee-Based Employees
Staff Job Posting
Please see the follwoing guide regarding approval to post and posting of staff positions:
Staff Vacancy Posting Guide
Submission of Personnel Action Forms (PAF)
All departmental personnel action request forms should be sumbitted at least ten (10) business days in advance of Human Resources' deadline for the next scheduled payroll. This ensures that the College's HR Office has at least two (2) business days to review and submit electronic PAFs to the University Human Resources office. Personnel actions forms should be input by your departmental ePAF manager in ADP Enterprise and routed to the College HR Office for review, approval and submission.
Staff Position Review Forms (PRF)
Position review forms are used to assist College of Law departments with requests to the University's Office of Classification and Compensation regarding:
Establishment of new staff positions
Reclassification of existing positions when duties have changed
Updating Position Review Forms on filled or vacant positions
Analysis and recommendation on appropriate compensation ranges
Click to view Frequently Asked Questions regarding Position Review Forms
Completed forms should be submitted to the College's Human Resources Officer for review and processing. When submitting a Position Review Form (PRF) for review, the Departmental Director should clearly justify:
- the reason for a new position or reclassification
- salary range as indicated on General Pay Plan Structure
- budget justification and porposed funding source (list additional funding source, if applicable).
Staff Performance Reviews
College of Law Performance Evaluation Guide
College of Law Performance Competency Guide
Non-Supervisory Evaluation Forms
Supervisory/Manager Evaluation Forms
College of Law Staff Employee Relations & Development
Information on employee development opportunities and employee relations within the College of Law is found here.
Information and Forms
ADP: Links to Login Page & Training Modules
College of Law Payroll Calendar
University Staff Handbook
Law Employee Manual
University Faculty Handbook
Background Investigation Policies and Procedures
University Termination and Clearance