Site Supervisor Resources
The training and mentorship that our Externship Program site supervisors give our students is invaluable in preparing them to be ethical, responsible and effective lawyers. We thank you for your willingness to become directly involved with our program. We could not offer this enriching educational experience to our students without your partnership.
Georgia State Law is a member of the Georgia Association of Legal Externships (GALE), which includes Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, Emory University School of Law, Mercer University School of Law and the University of Georgia School of Law.
To ensure you and your office have an equally rewarding experience while working with Georgia State Law externs, we have prepared these resources.
GALE Pathways to the Profession I CLE Materials (June 2012)
GALE Pathways to the Profession II CLE Materials (January 2014)
- GALE Pathways to Profession II Ethics Paper
- GALE Pathways to Profession II Managing Expectations PowerPoint
- GALE Pathways to Profession II Giving Feedback
- Marjorie M. Shultz and Sheldon Zedeck, 26 Lawyering Effectiveness Factors.
- Robert MacCrate, Overview of the Skills and Values Analyzed in the Statement, Legal Education and Professional Development – An Educational Continuum (Student Edition).
- Liz Ryan Cole and Leah Wortham, Learning from Supervision, Learning from Practice: A Professional Development Text for Legal Externs (Chapter 3), 2d ed. (Thomson West).
- Leah Wortham, Setting Goals for the Externship, Learning from Practice: A Professional Development Text for Legal Externs (Chapter 2), 2d ed. (Thomson West).
- Alex Scherr, Learning About Lawyering, Learning from Practice: A Professional Development Text for Legal Externs (Chapter 2), 2d ed. (Thomson West).