Calendar of Events
The Role of Risk Managers in Health Care
Thursday, November 14, 11:45 am - 1 pm
Event: The Role of Risk Managers in Health Care
Date/Time: Thursday, November 14, 11:45-1:00 pm (presentation to students); 1:00-2:00 pm luncheon after for our speakers and select faculty and students
Location: Urban Life Building, room 170 (presentation)
The Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Managers (GSHRM) is an organization comprised of many different health care professionals including nurses, risk managers, quality assurance and loss control specialists, insurers, attorneys, physicians and others. Members share the common goal of "prevention or mitigation of loss or injury for patients and their health care providers and facilities." At this session, representative members of GSHRM will present on the scope and contours of “risk management” in health care, and the different roles attorneys can assume in this arena. The panel will then open the floor for students' questions.
· Dee Keeton, RN: Director of Quality, Compliance & Patient Safety - AmSol Anesthesia Management Solutions; President of GSHRM 2013-2014
· Kristin Hiscutt, Esq.: Medical Malpractice Defense Attorney-Bendin Sumrall & Ladner, LLC
· Joel Schuessler, Esq.: Vice President, Legal Services and Chief Compliance Officer -Dekalb Medical
· John Stanford, Esq.: Structured Settlements Consultant-Ringler & Associates
· Michelle Stock, Esq.: Georgia Litigation Specialist-MAG Mutual Insurance Company
We look forward to seeing you at this exciting career panel event. Thanks!
Contact : Stacie Kershner, JD, Associate Director Center for Law, Health, & Society
E-mail: skershner1@E R A S Egsu.edu
Category : Center for Law, Health & Society