Deborah E. Schander
UPCOMING AND RECENT PROJECTS
Teaching & Instruction
• International and Foreign Legal Research, Spring semesters
• Legal Bibliography, Fall semesters
• Library Abridged workshop series, Spring semesters
• Summer Academy in International Commercial Arbitration, Summer 2011
• Speaker: I Shot the Serif: Creating Effective and Attractive Marketing Materials for Your Law Library, SEAALL Annual Meeting (April 2013)
• Moderator/Speaker: You CAN Handle the Truth: Using Pop Culture to Teach Legal Research, AALL Annual Meeting 2012 (July 2012)
• Speaker: From DIY to Semi-Homemade: Should You Integrate Third Party Applications Into Your Services?, CALI Conference for Law School Computing 2012 (June 2012)
• Coordinator/Speaker: Moving Beyond Templates: Publication Design for Beginners, SEAALL Annual Meeting 2012 (March 2012)
• Moderator: Student Services: Comprehensive Planning For Library Outreach, SEAALL Annual Meeting 2012 (March 2012)
• Coordinator/Speaker: Researching International & Foreign Law, ALLA Monthly Meeting (March 2012)
Writing & Publications
• Editor, FCIL Newsletter (2011 - present)
• Digital Signage: A New Tool in Your Arsenal of Knowledge, AALL SPECTRUM, March 2013, at 7.
• Book Review: Tai-Heng Cheng, When International Law Works: Realistic Idealism After 9/11 and the Global Recession (2012), for AALL Spectrum Blog (Aug. 14, 2012), available at http://www.aallnet.org/Blogs/spectrum-blog/34554.html.
• Student Advisory Councils: Honing Your Outreach Efforts by Focusing on Your Audience, AALL SPECTRUM, June 2012, at 7.
Committees & Leadership
• AALL Public Relations Committee (2011 - present; Vice Chair, July 2012 -)
• ALL-SIS Legal Research & Sourcebook Committee (2011 - present; Vice Chair, July 2012 -)
• ALLA Member-at-Large (2012 - present)
• CS-SIS Archives Subcommittee (2011 - present)
• SEAALL Placement Committee (2011 - present; Chair, 2012 - present)