Types of Gifts
The Fund for Law, often referred to as the unrestricted annual fund, enables the dean and Georgia State Law to enhance support for students, faculty and programs as well as other, unanticipated needs.
Your gift to the annual fund helps:
- recruit a dynamic and diverse student body
- provide an affordable legal education
- diversify curriculum through faculty recruitment and retention
- enrich our centers and initiatives
- enhance our clinical programs
- support our student organizations
- augment classroom and library resources
Annual Fund gifts may be unrestricted or restricted. Generally, annual fund gifts range anywhere from $25 to $25,000 and can be designated among several areas, which the dean and the college allocate as needed.Contribute to the Annual Fund now
Capital and endowment funds
These gifts may be designated to specific endowments and capital funds, and are often larger or spread over an extended period of time. John Harrison, senior director of development, is available to answer questions about capital and endowment gift options.
Planned gifts, bequests and charitable gifts
Donors may designate the college as a beneficiary for all or portions of a retirement fund, an insurance policy or an estate for tax benefits. These gifts are usually variable and revocable.
The college also accepts annuities. Donors who choose to contribute via annuities receive attractive tax benefits and related income.