Consortium on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- To establish a System-wide conflict resolution program that maximizes collaborative resources and guidance for institutional processes and practices, which are developed for and well integrated into the particular institutional culture of each campus;
- To decrease the reliance on adversarial processes, such as formal grievances and appeals and courtroom litigation, both within the System and in its dealings with other persons and agencies;
- To achieve timely, equitable, and satisfactory resolutions at the lowest possible level within the System and at its institutions in the most efficient and cost-effective manner commensurate with the interests and rights of all concerned and reduce conflict recurrence while anticipating and responding to future conflicts;
- To make the institutional environment for students, faculty and staff more protective of human dignity and trust, more respectful of the value of conflict, and more effective in fostering communication and community; and
- To make the University System of Georgia an exemplar and nationally recognized leader in the development of alternative dispute resolution for higher education.