Study Space XI: Singapore
Study Space is a weeklong intensive workshop in which scholars, government representatives and private sector professionals study and develop solutions to legal, social and policy challenges in urban areas. This program is open to academic scholars and professionals from all related disciplines such as law, planning, policy, government, and social sciences.
Save the Date: Study Space XI: Singapore
- When: June 18-22
- Where: Singapore
Study Space is unique because:
- Participation is limited to a small group of international scholars and professionals selected from a variety of disciplines.
- The program examines and provides recommendations for a defined set of challenges facing the host city.
- It promotes active learning and problem solving through research, site visits and group discussions with local academics, nongovernment organizations and government officials.
- Participants contribute scholarly articles for publication.
Daily lectures and site visits over the course of the week generally cover topics such as:
- Equitable and sustainable development
- Land use law, urban planning and transportation
- Taxation and infrastructure finance
- Social mix, affordable housing and housing finance
- Cultural heritage and historic preservation
- Environmental law, green space preservation and climate change
More information including the cost of the program, daily lecture topics and site visits, and application information will be forthcoming this fall.