IP Legends and Community Service Awards
Intellectual Property Legends® Award
The Intellectual Property Legends® Award, presented every other year, recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions in the area of intellectual property in the business and legal arenas. Intellectual Property Legends® Award recipients are those who have been role models within the intellectual property community, have displayed the highest level of ethics in their careers, and have had a positive impact on their communities.
Noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 20
Georgia State Law • 85 Park Place
Atlanta, GA 30303
2015 IP Legends Award Recipients
- Henry “Hank” Aaron, community leader and baseball legend
- Michael Landau, Georgia State professor of law
- William “Bill” Needle, partner at Ballard Spahr
- An individual who has had a significant impact on the field of intellectual property, for example, as an inventor, attorney, entrepreneur, legislator, professor, judge, educator, intellectual property manager, executive and/or business owner.
- An individual who has recently and/or continuously made outstanding accomplishments in the field of intellectual property.
- An individual who has been a role model for his or her peers, subordinates and future members of the intellectual property community.
- An individual who has displayed the highest level of ethics in his or her career.
- An individual who has had a positive impact on his or her community.
- 2012: Joe Beck, partner, Kilpatrick, Townsend & Stockton LLP
- 2012: Bill Curry, inaugural Georgia State University football coach
- 2012: Dennis C. Liotta, professor, and Raymond F. Schinazi, professor, Emory University
- 2012: L. Ray Patterson, professor, University of Georgia
- 2009: Stanley F. Birch Jr., judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- 2009: Ted Turner, chair of Turner Enterprises Inc.
- 2009: Anthony B. Askew, partner with King & Spalding LLP
- 2007: Miles J. Alexander, partner at Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- 2007: S. Truett Cathy, founder and CEO of Chick-fil-A
- 2007: Sandy Evans, former chief IP counsel for BellSouth
For information on how to submit nominations for the IP Legends Award or how to become a sponsor for the Intellectual Property Legends® Award Luncheon, email to email@example.com.
Community Service Awards
The IP Community Service Awards recognize intellectual property professionals who have made significant contributions to the community, specifically helping those in need.
Past honorees include:
- William H. Brewster, partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Michael D. Hobbs Jr., partner, Troutman Sanders LLP
- Ann G. Fort, partner, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Judy Jarecki-Black, global head of IP, Merial Ltd.
- Frank A. Landgraff, senior IP counsel, GE Energy