IP Legends and Community Service Awards
Intellectual Property Legends® Award
The Intellectual Property Legends® Award, presented every other year, recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions in the area of intellectual property in the business and legal arenas. Intellectual Property Legends® Award recipients are those who have been role models within the intellectual property community, have displayed the highest level of ethics in their careers, and have had a positive impact on their communities.
- An individual who has had a significant impact on the field of intellectual property, for example, as an inventor, attorney, entrepreneur, legislator, professor, judge, educator, intellectual property manager, executive and/or business owner.
- An individual who has recently and/or continuously made outstanding accomplishments in the field of intellectual property.
- An individual who has been a role model for his or her peers, subordinates and future members of the intellectual property community.
- An individual who has displayed the highest level of ethics in his or her career.
- An individual who has had a positive impact on his or her community.
- 2012: Joe Beck, partner, Kilpatrick, Townsend & Stockton LLP
- 2012: Bill Curry, inaugural Georgia State University football coach
- 2012: Dennis C. Liotta, professor, and Raymond F. Schinazi, professor, Emory University
- 2012: L. Ray Patterson, professor, University of Georgia
- 2009: Stanley F. Birch Jr., judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- 2009: Ted Turner, chair of Turner Enterprises Inc.
- 2009: Anthony B. Askew, partner with King & Spalding LLP
- 2007: Miles J. Alexander, partner at Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- 2007: S. Truett Cathy, founder and CEO of Chick-fil-A
- 2007: Sandy Evans, former chief IP counsel for BellSouth
For information on how to submit nominations for the IP Legends Award or how to become a sponsor for the Intellectual Property Legends® Award Luncheon, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Service Awards
The IP Community Service Awards recognize intellectual property professionals who have made significant contributions to the community, specifically helping those in need. Please watch for information on the 2014 Community Service Awards.
Past honorees include:
- William H. Brewster, partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Michael D. Hobbs Jr., partner, Troutman Sanders LLP
- Ann G. Fort, partner, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Judy Jarecki-Black, global head of IP, Merial Ltd.
- Frank A. Landgraff, senior IP counsel, GE Energy