College of Law Welcomes Our First-Year and Returning Students
August 30, 2006
Fall is upon us and the 2006-2007 academic year has begun here at the College of Law at Georgia State. The College is pleased to welcome our incoming class of 220 first-year students, and welcome back our second and third-year law students.
A three-day orientation session kicked off the start of classes for entering students in both full and part-time programs August 14.
The incoming class is one of the most highly credentialed in the history of the college. Here are student facts at a glance:
- Number of applications received by the College: 2,910
- Number of students accepted: 639* (22%)
- Average LSAT score: 159
- Average GPA: 3.29
- Number of transfer and guest applications: 91
- Number of accepted transfer and guest students: 26
* (Number of students who actually register as first-year students will vary.)
In addition to new incoming first-year law students, the College of Law expects 165 full-time and 55 part-time second-year students, and 201 full-time and 21 part-time third-year students. There are also 23 returning fourth-year students in the part-time program.